As we prepare to reopen our facilities in the aftermath of the COVID-19 crisis, CRS has created new operating guidelines and hours, so that we may continue to safely serve refugee families in San Antonio.
Please take a moment to read through these before your next visit to our office. If you have any questions, we’ll be happy to address them with a phone call to (210) 949-0062, by answering an email or if you fill out our contact form.
At this point, we are planning to reopen on Monday, June 8, 2020. Our new operating hours will be Monday, Wednesday and Friday only, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. until further notice.
For our clients:
- Do not come to the Refugee Center if you are ill or if someone in your home is ill. You may call 210-949-0062 for help/information.
- You must wear a mask to receive help.
- Please ring the doorbell of main building.
- You will be greeted by a staff member at the sliding glass doors to see what you need help with. Please maintain a safe distance of 6 feet (2 meters) from the sliding and front doors and from any others waiting outside at the same time.
- No one other than staff members can enter the building.
- Clients should maintain a safe distance of 6 feet (2 meters) from others not in their group/family when waiting outside for help.
- Clients should put their papers on the chair outside of the front door and then step away 6 feet.
- Clients may be asked to call the office number to speak with case workers over the phone.
- Clients should not shake hands or have other physical contact with persons outside of their group/family.
- Computer room/fax machine is closed to outsiders. It is used only by staff.
- If you are seeking employment assistance, Manu Parker will help you remotely. Job announcements are now posted to our front window.
- For diapers, see Jill Rips in the World Mosaic Market office, before you reach the lobby door. You must wear a mask to receive diapers. Ring the doorbell on the fence opposite the Market door and remain behind the red line, 6 feet (2 meters). Please do not block the side walk.
For volunteers and donors (in addition to the above):
- Only those volunteers invited to work during Covid-19 are allowed to work on site.
- Only 2-3 staff + volunteers are allowed in the building at any given time.
- You must wear a mask.
- Your temperature will be checked before entering.
- Hand-washing and surface disinfecting will occur regularly.
- Donors, please do NOT leave items outside our office. We are currently accepting only limited items, Monday – Friday, 10am -2:30pm. Please call first to see if we can accept the items you wish to donate. 210-949-0062.
We will update you as plans or guidelines change. Thank you for observing these guidelines as we transition into the new phase. Stay safe and healthy!