Because of COVID-19, CRS created new operating guidelines and hours, so that we may continue to safely serve refugee families in San Antonio.
Please take a moment to read through these before your next visit to our office. If you have any questions, we’ll be happy to address them with a phone call to (210) 949-0062, by answering an email or if you fill out our contact form.
CRS is open Monday – Friday, 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. No visitors or clients are allowed in the building.
For our clients:
- Do not come to the Refugee Center if you are ill or if someone in your home is ill. You may call 210-949-0062 for help/information.
- You must wear a mask to receive help.
- Please ring the doorbell of main building.
- You will be greeted by a staff member at the sliding glass doors to see what you need help with. Please maintain a safe distance of 6 feet (2 meters) from the sliding and front doors and from any others waiting outside at the same time.
- No one other than staff members can enter the building.
- Clients should maintain a safe distance of 6 feet (2 meters) from others not in their group/family when waiting outside for help.
- Clients should put their papers on the chair outside of the front door and then step away 6 feet.
- Clients may be asked to call the office number to speak with case workers over the phone.
- Clients should not shake hands or have other physical contact with persons outside of their group/family.
- Computer room/fax machine is closed to outsiders. It is used only by staff.
- If you are seeking employment assistance, contact Catholic Charities.
- For diapers, see Jill Rips in the World Mosaic Market office, before you reach the lobby door. You must wear a mask to receive diapers. Ring the doorbell on the fence opposite the Market door and remain behind the red line, 6 feet (2 meters). Please do not block the side walk.
For volunteers and donors (in addition to the above):
- Only those volunteers invited to work during Covid-19 are allowed to work on site.
- Only 2-3 staff + volunteers are allowed in the building at any given time.
- You must wear a mask.
- Your temperature will be checked before entering.
- Hand-washing and surface disinfecting will occur regularly.
- Donors, please do NOT leave items outside our office. We are currently accepting only limited items, Monday – Friday, 10am -2:30pm. Please call first to see if we can accept the items you wish to donate. 210-949-0062.
We will update you if guidelines change. Thank you for observing these guidelines as we strive to remain safe and healthy!